Antenna Design Engineer – Electronic Warfare
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push the boundaries for the technically possible!
Do you like the challenges in advanced antenna design and can you deliver solutions that meet high demands on performance and reliability?
Good, because Saab Technology Center is now further expanding its development unit in Tampere and is seeking a highly motivated Antenna Design Engineer to support research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As an experienced professional, you are keen on technology, curious and eager to develop continuously your skillset while possessing high interest on what we do at Saab. At Saab, you will be encouraged to think out of the box and challenge the status quo, yet we are not afraid doing mistakes while learning.
As part of a our talented development team, your work spans from understanding system and antenna requirements to design and testing of antenna elements and multi-element arrays.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, simulation, and testing of complex antenna systems
- Simulating and verifying installed antenna performance
- Product development work within cross-functional teams that include RF, HW, SW, mechanical and system engineers
- Work with Technical Leads to ensure technical, cost, and schedule performance is achieved
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with simulation, design and testing of complex antenna systems
- Electromagnetic (EM) simulations using HFSS, CST or similar software
- Ability to effectively interface with teams and other stakeholders
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English
- Experience from some of the following areas is considered as an advantage:
- Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA)
- Phased arrays
- Radio direction finding techniques
- Ultra wideband antennas
- Conformal antennas
The position entails to working with classified information. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting edge hardware and software.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Please send your cover letter and CV trough Saab Career System as soon as possible, latest by 04.10.2021. We are handling the applications already during application period.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!