Do you want to work with the world-leading supplier of simulated training? Are you looking for international travels and great variety in everyday work-life? Join Saab AB, Training & Simulation´s Field Applications department.
As an Application Engineer, you will mainly be part of different customer and internal development projects. You will, in your team, be responsible for the entire delivery from start to finish.
The main tasks are:
- Implementing functions and adapting our products according to specific customer requirements.
- Test implemented functions according to Saab and specific customer requirements.
- Establish design specifications, test and other documentation on different levels for software modules, functions and applications.
- Verification test in a lab environment and at customer site.
- Close cooperation with project manager, software and hardware developers and other application engineers.
To thrive in this role, you are proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks. You can easily create trust within the organisation and are used to efficiently collaborate with team members.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering.
- Documented experience in testing and documentation.
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written.
- Strong technical interest.
- Structured in your work.
- Ability to delve into details and to be able to rise to system level at the same time.
- Show drive, be pro-active and have ability for self-management.
- Experience from similar role.
- Experience in qualified engineering work.
- Military background.
- Other language skills except for Swedish and English.
- Driving License.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Training & Simulation unit who develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. The team you will join consists primarily of Application, Software and test engineers based in Huskvarna and has a large part in developing our cutting edge products. Training and Simulation is part of the Business Area Dynamics,. Read more about us here
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement and that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English. If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people