Applications Support Specialist
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality cyber security and deployable health solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As an Applications Support Specialist within our ICT team, you will support business applications, tools and information systems across our classified and unclassified networks. Drawing on your knowledge, experience and creativity, you will help develop innovative solutions to business problems.
Further, as the successful candidate, you will:
- Maintain the integrity and smooth operation of business applications and information systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents or service requests to agreed standards
- Install, configure and support corporate and enterprise-wide support tools, systems, applications and technologies
- Work with internal stakeholders to customise commercial software products to meet business requirements
- Work, communicate and cross-skill with other members of the Applications team and ICT group
- Maintain, update and create operational, support and end user documentation
- Perform some afterhours work to support critical issues and maintenance activities
Your skills and experience will include:
- Working within an applications support team or similar supporting corporate business systems
- Broad knowledge of business tools, applications and technologies
- Supporting and configuring commercial software products (e.g. ERPs, financial systems, HR systems and engineering toolsets)
- Database technologies (e.g. MS SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- One or more scripting/programming languages (e.g. C# and PowerShell)
- Application deployment and release management
- High level problem solving, including analysing and interpreting information and making recommendations
- An understanding of information security principles and their operational application
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV2 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.