As part of our Business Services group, the Applications Support Specialist will play a key role in developing and supporting Saab’s business applications, tools and information systems that are used across Saab’s classified and unclassified computing environments. The incumbent will help develop creative and innovative solutions as Saab’s business needs dictate.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Install, configure, support and maintain corporate and enterprise wide tools, systems, applications and technologies
- Maintain the integrity and smooth operation of Saab’s core business applications and information systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents or service requests whilst ensuring prompt professional service
- Work with business stakeholders in the tailoring of commercial software products to meet specific business requirements
- Develop, customise and implement internal applications and/or systems to meet user needs
- Identify and prioritise tasks in consultation with supervisor
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Hands on experience working within an applications support team, or similar (essential)
- Broad knowledge of business tools, applications and technologies (essential)
- Demonstrated experience supporting, configuring and upgrading ERPs (IFS, PeopleSoft, NetSuite, Unit4) (essential)
- Knowledge and hands on experience working with IFS (including IFS Cloud) including;
o IFS integrations;
o IFS modules (Document Management, Engineering, Manufacturing & Maintenance, Procurement & Warehouse/Inventory); (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Databases including writing SQL and PL/SQL (desirable)
- ·Experience in one or more scripting/programming languages (e.g. C++, .Net, PowerShell (desirable)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.