Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, we are seeking multiple Associate Project Engineering Managers, who will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system and related solutions across the Anzac Class, Hobart Class and Hunter Class fleet. This will entail managing and delivering the engineering program for extant and future engineering projects, including combat system design & demajor weapon and sensor replacements, upgrades to datalinks and training systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your systems engineering knowledge while being mentored to grow into a project leadership role as a Project Engineering Manager.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Execute engineering strategies and associated planning for both internal and subcontracted project engineering activities in accordance with the Saab Engineering Policy
- Support the delivery of the engineering aspects of the Project Work Breakdown Structure and responsibility assignment
- Support the Identification, monitoring and mitigation of technical risks in ensuring the project system baselines are maintained
- Support the interaction with suppliers, customers and end users on less complex technical matters.
- Support the Senior PEM and/or Project Manager with project planning and estimating activities, progress monitoring / reporting, as well as the preparation and conduct of customer and technical reviews/audits
- Oversee system analysis and design activities and provide guidance to systems engineers in the analysis of requirements, system design trade-offs, and allocation of requirements to subsystems or software/hardware configuration items
- Monitor development activities of smaller project to ensure that project commitments are being satisfied, including Control Account Management and reviewing schedules
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.6 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or related discipline
- Experience in a Defence (or adjacent industry) systems engineering environment, including participation in system requirements elicitation and system design and development activities
- Experience in Naval combat management systems, combat systems or similar complex, integrated systems
- Awareness and ability to address whole of system requirements and design issues, including safety and ILS
- Demonstrated ability to lead, foster cooperation and provide engineering management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven ability in internal/external customer liaison, producing and reviewing project documentation and planning/scheduling project activities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 level clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Note: This role is subject to an extended advertising period and shortlisted candidates will be contacted from 9 January 2023
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.