Associate Systems/Site Engineer
Responsibilities will include:
· Acts as the direct technical contact for our customers for any second-level support issues.
· Acts as a Customer Advocate, bringing customer issues to the full development team.
· System requirements definition
· Airport surface map generation and updates
· On-Site customer training and site specific system customization
· Contribution to system/software integration of all software releases
· Aerobahn site-specific analysis, custom report generation and requirements definition
· System design, integration, and deployment
· Troubleshooting and resolution of system faults and Customer Problem Reports (CPRs)
· Configuration Management of site specific software and system configuration
· Deployment of new software releases
· After hours support coverage (on-call via cell phone at least part time)
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelors degree in an engineering, computer science, or technical field
· 0-2 years of relevant experience
Candidate Must be:
· Detail Oriented
Candidate Must possess:
· Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
· Effective time management skills
· Working knowledge and/or familiarity of database structures (SQL)
· Ability to synthesize customer requirements and create innovative solutions to meet customer needs
· Working knowledge of networking theory and operation, including local and wide-area networking
· Experience with integration and/or system test
· Source Control (Subversion)
· Issue Management (JIRA)
· Familiarity with a high-level programming language (C#, Java, C++, etc.)
· Linux/Windows System Administration
· Virtualized Environments (VMWare, AWS)
Travel Requirements: Domestic and some international travel is required
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.