Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Marketing & Sales group, the Bid Centre Director will establish the Strategic Bid Centre, which will include a team with a broad set of competencies including bid coordination, scheduling and bid finance.
The Bid Centre Director will be leading a team to support the delivery of complex tenders in Defence, including those prescribed under the ASDEFCON framework, as well as Civil activities. The Bid Centre Director and Bid Centre team will increase Probability of Win (P-Win) for large, complex opportunities by professionalising the capture function and ensuring effective governance arrangements. Driving campaigns that are exceptionally planned, resourced and executed.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Define the strategic Bid Centre process and improve the management of tenders.
- Manage the tender support budget, tracking and reporting allocations and monitor spending against allocations.
- Initiate/run strategic tender responses with the business unit heads.
- Establish Bid team resource profile, confirm allocation of resources and assist in resourcing the bid team in coordination with the business unit heads and company resource managers’
- Focus on improving the execution of significant strategic tenders across Saab Australia.
- Provide discipline in the development of strategic tender responses.
- Provide bids methods and tools (Cost Price Estimation Tool) and verify the quality of our responses.
- Source of best practice support for Bids & Proposals execution – centralise core skills.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated success in a similar role, with significant experience in the development of strategic bids in the Defence Industry and having an extensive experience interacting with the Commonwealth of Australia
- Extensive knowledge of the Australian Defence environment and Defence tendering process, especially with compliance including the development of ASDEFCON based proposals
- Ability to successfully engage with senior Defence and industry stakeholders for long term beneficial business outcomes
- Strong business acumen, including financial and commercial, budget management and forecasting and project/bid management experience
- Ability to develop strategies and capture plans in civil or military domains whilst driving the performance of diverse teams to meet objectives
- High level of competence in written and spoken English and particularly in conveying marketing messages, coupled with outstanding presentation skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.