Biomedical Engineer - Presales
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Land group, the Biomedical Engineer – Presales, will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s deployable health solutions across Australia’s three military services and beyond.
This will include the development of options for the expansion of existing deployable health projects in consultation with the engineering team on those projects and/or the development of solutions for new opportunities.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide technical support to the Sales Director - Medical Solutions during the initial investigation of new opportunities
- Consult with other engineers working in the deployable health space to ensure reuse of designs and consistency with system architectural approaches across the deployable health product area, as well as compliance to relevant standards
- Identify and develop requirements for systems, sub-systems and product components
- Conduct detailed trade studies, including the forecast and comparison of the performance of design alternatives and customer generated changes
- Prepare detailed tender level descriptions of proposed systems and solutions, including the identification and characterisation of the major architectural components and medical components
- Support the preparation of bids including development of the initial design, work breakdown structures, level of effort and cost estimates
Your skills and experience will include:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Biomedical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Industry experience in the development of complex systems in the medical domain
- Defence or medical industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with medical equipment/processes and a tertiary clinical environment
- Demonstrated experience of managing requirements
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and application of engineering standards
- Demonstrated experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a clearance to an NV1 level.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.