Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Business Analyst will be response for developing processes, tools and systems to support EPA (Enterprise Partnership Agreement) and WAMA (Warship Asset Management Agreement) programs in consultation with key stakeholders. This role is directly responsible for implementing, improving and sustaining processes, methodologies, tools and training to others with skills to enhance project and program performance and reporting.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Consult with stakeholders, develop and maintain EPA and WAMA program level cost, schedule and risk reporting regime.
- Develop, implement and manage processes, systems and tools support the EPA performance measurement and reporting framework.
- Carry out detailed analysis of current processes, systems, tools and data integrity, identify issues and improvement opportunities and influence the uptake of improvements.
- Conduct training for business system, processes and tools.
- Ensure disparate information sources are validated, cohesively consolidated and aggregated to appropriate levels for management reporting.
- Understand the customer, management and project leadership reporting requirements and develop fit-for-purpose management reporting dashboards using multiple system inputs and automated data gathering tools (where appropriate) for reliable and consistent reporting outcomes.
- Investigate and assess opportunities to automate processes, developing professional, clear and concise business cases for management review to support improvement initiatives.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Degree (or Certificate IV minimum) qualified in project management, IT, engineering or business.
- Extensive business analysis experience within an engineering & project execution organisation, specifically within the defence or resources industries on complex major capital projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of best practice business processes, including establishing and maintaining the performance reporting at a program level for the client/customer along with internal management stakeholders.
- Strong acumen with Excel PowerPivots, database establishment and management and SharePoint development along with Power BI experience to establish robust and reliable performance reporting to support the program controls functions in reporting planning, scheduling, budget & cost management, risk and opportunity management.
- Previous experience working within the Defence network system would be advantageous.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 clearance or a minimum of a Baseline clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.