Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
What you will be a part of
You will be a part of Saab’s Public Safety Solutions business unit where we develop and deploy Command, Control and Communication software solutions used by police forces, ambulance services, fire and rescue services, airports and public transport agencies. Our software applications help these organisations to manage critical incidents, respond to people in distress and ultimately help make people and society safer.
We develop market leading software solutions which are critical for our customer’s operations, so the focus is on configurability, functionality, performance and reliability. We work closely with our customers and are driven by a strong end-user focus. We adopt an Agile methodology and we aim to constantly develop and work with the latest technology.
Our solutions use up-to-date technology and for the right person Saab’s Public Safety Solutions team offers enormous opportunities to work with stimulating and challenging work, alongside highly skilled and dedicated co-workers.
Job Description; Business Analyst
The Business Analyst’s primary role is to work with project stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into details that developers can comprehend. Furthermore, to interpret the developers’ emerging query into specifics that stakeholders can learn. In other words, BA collaborate with other team members to determine how much analysis is needed at the beginning of the project to establish the big picture and during each iteration in order to establish a shared understanding without creating an extensive requirement inventory
- Interact with project manager and customers to understand the requirements
- Convert business requirements to detailed technical requirements for development team to work on
- Working with requirements in priority order refining the next few weeks’ worth of requirements into enough details just in time for developers to start working on them
- Co-ordinate with the development team to explain the requirements
- Prioritisation of the backlog in line with project plan and product roadmap
- Collaboration with product owners to understand the roadmap and make sure that the project delivery is aligned with strategical objective for the product and market
- Validate the developed solution before handing over to customer for UAT
- Approve or reject completed user stories according to DoD and DoR
- In collaboration with scrum master make sure that the right mechanism is in place to track the progress and reach a common understanding of how much work is left
- Coordinate with the scrum master and development team to monitor and assess the changes done for the project. The factors that require monitoring are cost, team effort, client requirements, etc.
- Monitoring cost, team effort, client recruitment
- During every iteration business analyst will take feedback from the stakeholders, so that they can further modify the project or requirements if needed.
- Report back the progress to stakeholders on regular basis
- Previous experience as Business Analyst
- Experience of working with agile development teams and close to project delivery organization
- Previous experience of working in software development industry
- Demonstrates a high ability of collaborating with different stakeholders
- The capacity to filter various messages and requirements of the project stakeholders or customers into a coherent, single vision
- Familiar with issue tracking and Agile requirement management tools like Jira
While BA must be a strong speaker, they must also have the ability to pull people closer to their team and across the board. Their responsibilities are not restricted to a single Project Management stage. They must take one extra step until the end. A Business Analyst’s skills are required from the beginning phases of evaluation to maintenance.