Capture Manager - Land Defence Systems
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As the Capture Manager - Land Defence Systems you will develop, maintain and report on strategic planning and capture activities for the Land business. You will collaborate with the Strategy and Transformation and Sales and Marketing teams and other internal Land stakeholders to develop the key strategic activities needed to realise Land business goals.
Further, as the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead strategy development and capture activities within the Land business
- Plan and maintain the Land Strategic activities and artefacts, including the Order Intake Strategy, Strategic Priorities and yearly Business Plan
- Support the Sales and Marketing Team in establishing the Long-Term Order Intake Plan and executing business development activities relevant to Land
- Contribute to the Land Management Team, guiding organisational operations and demonstrating best practice governance principles
- Ensure effective and efficient operational outcomes, resourcing and budget management of the strategy and capture functions
- Lead a team of capture and bid manager(s)
- Oversee the delivery of quality proposals to the customer in accordance with the Win Business Process
Your skills and experience will include:
- 10+ years in a relevant domain (e.g. defence, engineering, industrial)
- Leading and driving results from early stage business capture activities
- Conceptual and strategic thinking with advanced problem-solving and decision making skills
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers and partners
- Leading the development of corporate strategies that resulted in positive business outcomes
- High-level strategic communications within complex business environments
- Personal qualities that reflect our core values of trust, drive and expertise
- Leading multi-disciplinary bid teams (desirable)
- Forecasting and/or budgeting for revenue projects and at the group P&L level (desirable)
- Australian Defence Industry (desirable)
This role can be performed from either Melbourne or Adelaide, including on a part time basis. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.