Category Account Manager
Are you a selfdriven, relationship building and analytical Strategic Purchaser with several years of experience from strategic sourcing? Then you could be what we are looking for to strengthen our growing Procurement organization. We can offer you a challenging and exciting position as a Category Account Manager within one of our categories across Saab Surveillance’s four sites in Gothenburg, Huskvarna, Järfälla and Arboga.
The category teams each consists of one Category Procurement Manager and Strategic and Operative purchasers. The teams consists of 10-15 persons. We have several categories within our organization where we are implementing this role:
- Printed Circuitboard Assemblies, Printed Circuitboard and Components
- Sensors, Communication and Microwave
- Harnesses and electromechanical components
- Metalworking Parts
- Computer Products
- Mechanical standard components, chemicals and non-metallic
In order for you to suit within this position, we believe that you have several years of experience from working as a strategic purchaser or CAM, preferably but not necessarily in a technical driven organization. You are a brilliant communicator in both writing and speaking and you have a structured way of working, able to see not only details but also the big picture. You are a proven team leader with a natural ability to see and act on co-relations within Saab supply chain and your category. You have a high business acumen and is always acting as an ambassador for Saab.
You will amongst other, be responsible for:
- Analyzing the category with sufficient detail to develop a long term, cross-project/program/product category strategy to support on-going business to long-term goals. You will also coordinate Category Strategy with Group Procurement to achieve synergy effects.
- Analyze trends across the value chain and contribute with business intelligence for your category. You will also actively monitor the supplier market and evaluate new potential suppliers and the competitiveness of the existing suppliers
- Collaborate and align best practices with other Category Managers within the different Business Areas in Saab, maintain and develop templates and tools necessary. You will also coordinate cross-functional cooperation and relationships with internal stakeholders
- Reporting Category KPIs internally and participate in KPI development.
- Participate as procurement representative in product development and other projects/processes in order to secure that procurement and supplier aspects are carefully considered in areas such as requirements definition, make buy decisions and to develop procurement strategies.
- Perform risk assessments and mitigations on category level to prevent business disruptions and secure operational performance, security of supply and business continuity.
- Develop a demand forecast for the category, given project/program schedules and requirements.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe.
Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
Business area Surveillance offers world-leading sensor technology in monitoring and decision support to protect against threats. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, C4I solutions, aviation systems and cyber security.
Operations are conducted in Sweden, the United States, the UK, Australia, Germany, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, Denmark and Finland.
You will be part of a sourcing team committed to improvement and finding additional value for Saab. You will be a central figure within the organization, working closely with the business units, product development, production and external parties.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.