Saab is currently expanding internationally towards becoming a multi-domestic company. In this process, IT plays an important role in facilitating and enabling collaboration. Data has never been as important as it is today. Sharing, collecting, storing, using and capitalizing on data is one important component for all Saab's product areas. Information technology will bring improvements in practically every area and Saab will utilize this by incorporating IT even closer to our core business.
Some areas that Saab IT will need to put extra effort in are:
- Driving IT harmonization to enable increased operational efficiency and interoperability in Saab’s business
- Increased digitalization in products and ways of working
- Further develop global IT capabilities and collaboration
- Invest in modern technologies such as automation and cloud
- Continuing to create a truly inclusive and performance driven culture
As a Manager and a Leader at Saab, it´s important that you have the ability to build trust, be communicative and together with your team, drive continual improvements to a more efficient IT that brings value to the business.
As Chief Architect you will proactively and holistically leading the enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward the desired business vision and outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the development of the Saab IT Enterprise Architecture framework and Portfolio Management including principles, processes, methods and templates.
- Ensure processes and routines are in place for IT Service Portfolio Management.
- Ensuring a holistic view on architecture implementation tying together business objectives and capabilities with information, applications and technology.
- Identifying business drivers and supporting alignment of business plans, IT strategy and technology roadmaps
- Supporting business and Saab IT Governance forums in identifying optimal level of IT standardization to ensure interoperability and cost efficiency.
- Coordinating planning and an integrated approach for how Saab can utilize emerging technologies to increase operational efficiency in the business.
- Interaction with stakeholders to ensure and validate the desired effects of Enterprise Architecture and Portfolio Management.
- Ensuring global governance structures for architecture decisions and support the creation of the IT strategy and it’s alignment to Saab’s business plans and business objectives.
- Participating in strategy development and Saab’s business plan definition, outlining how technology can be a fundamental enabler to realize Saab’s objectives.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge in emerging technologies and the potential application in the business.
- Directly engage with and support or steer major initiatives that have connection to the Enterprise Architecture development.
- Ensuring that Saab has an adequate Security Architecture with a Zero trust approach.
- Ensuring that Group IT Domain Architects and Business Area Architects work together in a virtual team to realize agreed objectives and target architectures.
- Facilitating cross Domain Architecture decisions within the architecture community.
We are looking for you that is trusted and respected as a thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders. You are highly collaborative and supportive of business and of its ideals and strategies.
Required credentials and experience:
- Master's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- More than ten years of experience in at least three core IT disciplines, such as business analyses, information analysis, solution or technical architecture or IT operations in a multitier environment
- Five or more years of experience in strategic IT and/or IT management
- Excellent knowledge of Portfolio Management and Enterprise Architecture
- Excellent knowledge of business capability based planning for IT connected to IT Requirements Management
- Knowledge of IT operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity practices and their integration into Enterprise Risk Management
- Knowledge of system development life cycle management, IT service management and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of various IT delivery models including SaaS, Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Knowledge of modern architectures such as SOA, API´s, Open Data, Micro services, Event-driven IT and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with IRM metrics like KRI, KCI through analytics
- Familiarity information management practices including Master Data Management
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act. Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
What you will be a part of
IT is a core business enabler and vital for Saab’s competitive advantage. Saab has a clear vision to continue to grow internationally. For Saab IT this means that we need to develop our capabilities to efficiently support this growth.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.