Welcome to the naval side of life! We are looking for Combat System Integrator to join in our mission to create striking performance – the 9LV Combat System. To make this engine going we cover all development, from bottom to top, meaning platform solutions all the way to user applications.
You want to have the wide perspective, mixed with technical depth and a hint of English? Hey, you just found us!
Our section provides systems engineering on systems of systems level and acceptance services to deliver our naval projects in Combat Systems. Within the section you will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth.
As a CSI, you will have an important role, with great responsibility, in one of our projects delivering total naval combat systems solutions to the end customer. We integrate a wide range of systems and sensors into solutions which together provide the required capability to our customers. Combat systems engineers are the ones responsible for integrating all the systems into a system of systems solution.
You will be having the responsibility to manage the technical scope of your assigned systems and/or domain. The role is multi-disciplinary and dynamic and your task will vary during the progress of the project. You will be part of the Combat System team integrating the systems into the platform and verifying that the system requirements are fulfilled. As CSI, your days will be varied and filled with opportunities to demonstrate your problem-solving abilities.
In your role as CSI, you will work closely with the CS to Ship Manager who has the overall responsibility for the Combat System to Platform integration technical solution to the project. You are the point of contact for the Engineering Team in Sweden and you will have extensive contacts with both our customers and the Shipyard in Finland. Within your domain and area of responsibility, you will be responsible for interfacing and coordinating stakeholders, specialty engineers and shipyard to ensure the performance of the project.
The main tasks are:
- The work related to System Installation Design Data, to enable the Onboard Set to Work activities
- To Coordinate the integration work and activities related to CS to Ship
- To monitor that Combat System equipment are installed and tested as was defined in the design phase
- To assist CS to Ship Manger by guiding/inspecting the actual work as it is being conducted by the Shipyard personnel.
- To address possible discrepancies between detailed design, Combat System requirements and actual work performed directly with the Shipyard and flag them to CS to Ship Manager for further action, depending on the issue at hand
- To approve the Shipyard work/tests as they are conducted by the Shipyard personnel. Approval is done towards Combat System requirements and test methods as defined in the SY CDR (Critical Design Review)
You share information in a clear and easy way, verbally and in writing. You are a confident communicator in English. You have a collaborative mind-set and you are a true team player. You will be working in a given project and must thus enjoy teamwork within a competent and motivated team.
You are self-driven and result-oriented with a “get the job done” attitude. Curiosity and the ability to learn new technical areas are necessary attributes for the role. The ability to take responsibility for the execution and successful completion of assigned tasks within time and budget is essential.
We expect that you have a solid technical background with a wide technical knowledge base.
- Engineering education in fields likes Electronics-, Radar-, Mechanical-, Production engineering or equivalent education or onboard service as Navy officer.
- A good understanding in English text in technical drawings and documents
- Customer oriented and team working attitude
- Experience in both Defence and Civilian Marine Industry, preferably with experience of both engineering and operations
- Experience in ship cabling design
- Experience in installation of Combat Management systems on board a Navy ship
- Leadership and management experience, preferably in a multicultural environment
- Swedish and/or Finnish language skills is considered as an advantage
The position will be located in Turku, Finland and will require frequent travels in Finland, Rauma, Sweden and internationally, depending on the program phase and requirements.
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defense secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
We offer You
At Saab, you are involved and contribute to making Finland, Sweden and the world safer. We value mutual trust and a sustainable working life, with a balance between work and leisure. In addition to extremely interesting work, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career.
Saab is a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But, also a company, that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read more here
What you will be part of?
Saab is a global Defense and Security Company in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number more than 18 000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Our Combat Systems business unit supplies world leading Command and Control systems, product and services to the armed forces. We operate globally with local sites in Sweden, Australia and Finland.
Did we manage to catch your interest?
If yes, please do not hesitate to submit your CV and application via Saab Careers already now - We are curious to learn more about You!
Please note that we aim to fill this unique position soonest. Thus, applications received are processed throughout job posting period and position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
For further inquiries about the position and life at Saab, feel free to contact: SQ2020 Deputy Project Manager, Petri Konkari, tel. + 358407672898.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.