Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Combat System Test Site Manager will be responsible for planning, maintaining and management of Saab Australia’s reference system environments used for integration, testing and for training of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) combat system operators and maintainers.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Coordinate and support engineers and technicians that need to build, test, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade a wide range of related electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment at several sites
- Assume the role of Design Authority to ensure all sites are operational, safe and to the required standard and configuration
- Conduct hardware build, maintenance, support, and upgrade audits on test sites to ensure the baseline configurations are correct and all changes are recorded
- Plan maintenance and upgrade activities working with the Technician resource owners to ensure services are delivered effectively and to the required outcome
- Develop and enforce all policies and procedures applicable to test sites, especially safety related
- Provide organisational support to technicians and sub-contractors working in the test sites
- Prepare documentation, including Job Safety Environmental Analysis Plans that identify and mitigate hazards and risks
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical/Electronic engineering and eligible for CPEng registration with a recognized association for Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Eligible for Registration as a Recognised Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) as an Electrical Engineer
- Proven knowledge/experience with the management of complex electrical/electronic systems
- Sound knowledge of safety practices related to electronic and electrical equipment, especially electrical safety and electrostatic discharge (ESD) prevention
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Proficient in Configuration Management practices and the use of PCs and relevant software applications (i.e. MS Office Suite)
- Demonstrable experience in the operational use of the associated software/hardware systems
- Proven ability to adhere to company and site specific policies, especially Safe Work Practices
- Ability to read complex circuit diagrams and follow the instructions contained in technical manuals and test procedures
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.