Combat Systems Engineer – Tactical Data Links
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Combat Systems Engineer – Tactical Data Links will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s combat system solutions across the complete RAN surface fleet.
This will entail conducting Combat System Engineering activities leading to the delivery of an integrated combat system (CS) as an end-product with a focus on Tactical Data Links and Data Link Processors.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Perform CS sub-system requirements analysis, including the evaluation of equipment/product compliance to these requirements
- Review and evaluation of equipment/product technical documentation, including supporting the review of specific documentation relating to Safety, Technical Publications and Training
- Prepare the technical scope of work for the acquisition of CS equipment
- Provide technical support to the contracting, acquisition and acceptance of CS equipment
- Prepare and/or review System and Platform Interface specifications and data packs, including participation at Interface Control Working Groups
- Participate in Combat System design activities and reviews
- Prepare and conduct CS test specifications, activities and reports, including those required for Preliminary Interface Testing and System Integration Testing
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Systems Engineering, Electronic/Electrical engineering, RF engineering, Computer Systems engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience in the engineering of system solutions and outputs across the systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience relating to functional integration of systems with a preference for those used within the Maritime environment
- Experience with Tactical Data Link (TDL) standards and Data Link Processors (DLP)
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to address whole of capability/system issues, such as safety and supportability.
- Familiarity with DOORS software
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of the team and interact with stakeholders of all levels
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.