Communication Manager Region CEE
The role is defined as Communication Manager driving Saab’s marketing communication activities for the Central and Eastern Europe Region (CEE).
Responsible for creating and implementing the communication plan for the CEE Region. Proactively provide support internal and external communication requirements. Manage information flow regarding products and events. Execute communication activities such as updating and managing media lists, writing and distributing press releases and other press material, creating and disseminating media coverage reports, manage incoming media inquiries etc. Act as Project Manager for local events and exhibitions. The position reports directly to the Head of CEE Region.
The Role typically requires at least 5 years of experience of working in a similar role. The role includes traveling on a regular basis, mainly within CEE region and some travel abroad (mainly to Sweden).
- In co-ordination with the Head of CEE Region and the Regional Country Managers develop and implement CEE Region communication strategy
- Preparation of country specific communication plans, as and when required
- Assist with the communication part of capture/campaign plans (on project basis)
- Manage event project plans in relation to events execution of local CEE events
- Proactively support and co-ordinate with the BAs/BUs communication managers with regards to external communication for local needs, as well as, internal communication (SaabNet, Spirit, Internal CMO)
- Update and manage media lists to distribute press releases and other materials from Saab
- Building and fostering relevant business relationships with well-established print and broadcast media connections as well as influential online outlets, social media leaders and bloggers
- Manage CEE events and co-ordinate resources effectively for CEE events, exhibitions, conferences etc.
- Regional media mapping
- Proactively support CEE management to ensure efficient use of the allocated budget for communication and events including tight cost control to support the budget owner (Head of Region CEE)
- Participate in corporate communication seminars, conferences and relevant training sessions (subject to invitation and approval)
- Have a good understanding of, and follow, Company policies and procedures including Saab’s compliance guidelines and code of conduct
Your experiences and skills
- At least 5 years work experience within the communication field
- Have a relevant academic education in marketing, media, PR, communication or on-the-job experience
- Visual awareness – a keen eye for producing visually engaging material
- Possess a positive and outgoing personality with a strong business acumen and high personal integrity in business ethics
- Target-driven, service-minded, goal-oriented person with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable organisational and planning skills to ensure projects from events to integrated strategies are delivered on time and within budget
- Trustworthy, with social skills to build and develop strong relationships with external stakeholders and media representatives, as well as, with the team and with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrates good leadership skills and good team player skills
- Able to work independently with a strong personal drive, as well as, working in a team
- Have strong copy-writing ability and be able to deploy this to support the marketing activities
- Fluent with social media and online metrics and with excellent knowledge in how to use this in order to target communication with the relevant audience
- Strong social and political regional awareness. Ability to adapt the messages to the recipients taking into account the political, geopolitical and cultural, project and product specifics
- Fluent in English language (oral and written), other language skills are also desirable
What you will be part of
Region Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) is one part of Saab’s global marketing and sales organisation. The Head Office for CEE region is situated in Prague. Saab’s CEE region has four Country Offices. The four Country Offices are Poland, Baltic States, Czech Republic and Hungary.
Country Office Czech Republic is locally registered as Saab Technologies s.r.o., 100% owned by SAAB AB, is based on Sokolovska 79, Karlin, Prague 8, which will be the main place of work.
Applications will be assessed continuously.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001.
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number more than 19 000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development. If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.