Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Join an established and highly skilled team of communications and marketing professionals in a period of once in a generation industry growth. As the Communications Advisor, your work will have an important and positive impact on the business and staff. Your role will be to develop and deliver internal communication and change management strategies for business improvement projects across the organisation; support the development, monitoring and reporting of annual business strategy and related business plans; and deliver targeted external communications activities and initiatives to support stakeholder engagement and campaign delivery.
Further, as the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of a comprehensive national internal communications strategy
- Lead internal communications activities across multiple channels to strengthen staff engagement and understanding of business strategy and objectives
- Develop and deliver effective change communications strategies including integrated communication plans and materials
- Manage the internal communications framework including continuous improvement of communications channels
- Advise management on internal communications issues and related communication strategies
- Support the planning, delivery and realisation of the annual strategy and business plan cycle
- Foster and maintain working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Manage external supplier relationships including graphic designers and business improvement consultants
Your skills and experience will include:
- 5+ years in communications dealing with large, complex organisations and technical subjects
- Internal and change communications
- Transformation programs and business improvement initiatives
- Presenting complex information in a simple, timely and engaging manner
- Engaging and working collaboratively with stakeholders
- The ability to effectively manage external consultants
- Superior writing and editing
- Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), content management systems (e.g. MS SharePoint or Confluence) (desirable)
- A formal qualification in a related discipline (e.g. communications and change management) (desirable)
- Change management methodologies to successfully deliver organisational change programs (desirable)
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.