Reporting to the Communications Engineering Manager and working in the communications team and the broader Combat System Integrated Project Team (CSIPT), the Communications Systems Engineer will work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to define and agree the solutions for individual subsystems within the overall Hunter communications system, including the design of the installation on the ship.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Shape cutting edge solutions in the communications product domain
- Be the subject matter expert for individual systems/subsystems
- Contribute to the combat system architecture definition and development for communication subsystems and components
- Maintain system functional and non-functional requirements related to Communication subsystems.
- Support planning of platform integration, installation, set to work, and testing.
- Review and support assessment of vendor solutions, specifications and design data related to Communication subsystems
- Update configuration management systems with the latest design data in DOORS, System Architect, Windchill and PLM
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent that is appropriate to communications
- System engineering, integration, testing and V&V
- Military communications (RAN or RN), voice / data / radio products (desirable)
- Supplier technical management / liaison
- Good organisational oral and written communication
- Engineering processes and tools used such as DOORS, System Architect and Windchill
- Good understanding of import/export control processes (e.g. ITAR, etc.) (desirable)
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.