Do you want to work with the world-leading supplier of simulated military training? Are you looking for international travels and great variety in everyday work-life? Join the expanding Saab AB, Training & Simulation´s Application department.
The Exercise Control system (Excon) is a SAAB developed system that which has the purpose of monitoring and recording every player event during a military exercise. Typical players can be tanks, troop carrying vehicles, anti-tank weapons and soldiers. The coms team are responsible for configuring the communication equipment that transfer the exercise data from the players to the Excon system.
Watch the video to get a better understanding on how of the SAAB Training & Simulation system works:
As an Coms Application Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Take part during BID phases and in projects to analyse and develop and configure the Coms system based on customer requirements.
- Travel to customer exercise areas in order to examine and understand customer circumstances.
- Create test specifications and perform the tests at customer sites together with other application engineers
- Establish design specifications and other documentation for final customer configuration.
- Act in close cooperation with project managers, software developers and vehicle, infantry, Excon and facility application engineers
- Build development & delivery structure in IFS.
- Act as stakeholder in R&D projects and design reviews to ensure that customer specific requirements are fulfilled.
To thrive in this role, you are proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks. You can easily create trust within the organisation and are used to efficiently collaborate with team members and customer representatives
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Documented experience in testing and documentation
- Ability to learn complex systems
- Good understanding of network, telecom and communication solutions
- Good understanding of configuration and general fault investigations of Windows computers and Andriod devices
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Structured in your work with high attension to detail
- Show drive, be pro-active and have ability for self-management
- Experience from similar role
- Experience in radio and 4G communication
- Other language skills other than Swedish and English
- Driving License
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Training & Simulation unit who develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. The team you will join consists primarily of Application, Software and test engineers based in Huskvarna and has a large part in developing our cutting edge products. Training and Simulation is part of the Business Area Dynamics .
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Also observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.