Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Solution & Configuration Engineer
- Work within a project team that is tasked with delivering a control room solution to customers.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their processes and requirements, workflows.
- Develop expertise in configuring our SAFE product, which includes a drag and drop style user interface with configuration pages and a rules-based engine for creating tailored workflows and layouts.
- Translate customer requirements into SAFE layouts and workflows in an iterative manor using an agile approach to configuration.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure SAFE configurations are compatible with integrations to third party systems.
- Perform testing at all levels, ensuring functionality, performance, and reliability
- Identify where customer requirements are not able to be met by configuration and work with product owners to define user stories for development in the product to meet the requirements.
- Participate in acceptance testing and user testing along with the customer to ensure the product configuration meets the requirements.
- Coordinate with customers and key project staff to transfer configuration changes between different environments to ensure a consistent configuration in all environments.
- Relevant academic background in IT
- Strong requirement analysis skills
- Logical and problem-solving mindset
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Dispatch systems
- Emergency response systems
- Enterprise-level deployments
- Control room operations
- Rule-based configurations
- UX and GUI design
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows environments
- Experience in Test-driven development (TDD) practices
- Documentation skills
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
- Test automation, including Gherkin and Specflow
- Familiarity with source control systems including git
- Knowledge of C#, SQL, WCF, WPF, and REST
- Familiarity with geospatial technology
- Experience with CCTV/Video solutions
This role may involve occasional travel within Europe.