Country Manager Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
As part of its global marketing and sales strategy, Saab focuses on its established markets, one of which is the Czech Republic. We are now looking for a Country Manager who will be responsible for Saab’s marketing and sales operations in Czech Republic. The position will be based in Prague and will report to the Head of CU Central & Eastern Europe. Some travelling including overnight staying in the region and in Sweden will be required.
- Drive the activities together with the business units in Sweden to achieve order intake and gross margin in accordance with set targets for the Czech Republic.
- Responsible for marketing and market growth of Saab’s product portfolio.
- Execution of the Customer Sales Responsible (CSR) role and Saab Winning Business (WB) process for set prospects.
- Being active in arranging meetings and building good relations with the Czech Customer and other key stakeholders on all levels.
- Having an outstanding knowledge about the Customers’ procurement plans, priorities and procedures.
- Being a respectable team player within Saab and having strong business acumen.
- Preparing Country strategies and planning documents.
- Deliver Country Market Plan and Long Term Order Intake Plan
- Ensure marketing operations costs are within set budget.
- Manage, assess and develop Saab’s local intermediaries.
- Establish, create and develop partnership business models with potential/existing partnering companies from Czech defence industry (Industrial co-operation)
- Travel within Czech Republic and Slovakia, as well as, occasional travel to other countries in Europe will be required.
- Act as the face for Saab for all partners/customers and act as a role model, in order to strengthen the Saab brand and profile
Your experiences and skills
- Relevant academic and/or military education.
- Excellent language skills in Czech and English languages (oral and written) are required. Swedish language is appreciated.
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the Czech public procurement processes, especially for defence, is essential.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills and outgoing personality
- Extensive experience of having a professional network within the local defence governmental and business environment in the Czech Republic.
- Demonstrated experience of marketing, sales, negotiations and leadership skills with a proven sales record.
- Proven ability to build and maintain good and strong internal, partner and customer relationships and market networks.
- Broad knowledge of Saab’s product portfolio is desirable.
- Strong project management skills with a capability to drive sales projects from business development to contract.
- Military experience is desirable.
The role requires an independent-minded person, able to identify and pursue business opportunities, but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team. You are committed to delivering high quality and meeting deadlines in a fast moving international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet high expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with complex projects and situations simultaneously.
What you will be part of
The Chief Marketing Officer office (CMO) covers all global Saab AB marketing and sales activities. The CMO office have 10 Country Units (CU)/Regions/Operational Countries. The Saab established markets within each Country Unit/Region has an office headed by a Country Manager.
Country Unit Central & Eastern Europe (CU CEE) covers the whole CEE region and the Baltic States. In this Country Unit we have three established countries (Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary) with the main office in Prague. As Country Manager Czech Republic you will be reporting to the Head of CU CEE.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001.
Saab AB is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people