As part of our Maritime group, the CSI Operations Project Manager will support the Program Manager – Hunter and Hobart Classes with the operational management of the CSI partnerships. The CSI Operations Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all activities and plans to support the CSI operations are in place in a timely manner to ensure that we meet out contractual obligations to our customers and our partners.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Promote Saab’s Mission, Vision and Values both internally and with our seconded employees
- Be the Saab main point of contact with our internal people as well as the CSI IPT for resource planning and all people related matters
- Conduct internal project reporting activities for the CSI partnerships, including coordination with the PMO for EVM reporting, forecasting, variance analysis
- Coordinate/participate in regular tactical and planning meetings with our partners
- Manage the communications with CSI partnerships and ensure there is an ongoing level of engagement
- Develop a CSI Graduate rotation system and support L&D to manage rotations in and out to ensure good exposure and experience for Saab graduates
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Engineering or in a Business discipline (desirable)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Project or Operations Manager level role, preferably on large scale, complex technical projects
- Experience in an alliance or partnership environment would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff within a team environment and to foster cooperation within and between teams
- Proven ability in internal and external customer liaison, conflict resolution with negotiation skills
- Ability to work with people to come to mutually agreeable terms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fluid, flexible environment as required by a developing partnership model
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.