Cyber Security Consultant
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of Saab’s Cyber Security Professional Services team, the Cyber Security Consultant will provide expert information security advice and services to support and develop Saab Australia’s Security and Risk line of business.
As an Information Security Consultant you will be at the forefront of delivering high quality security consulting and advisory services for our external customers.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Taking a lead role as a trusted advisor in engagements with Saab Australia’s existing and future clients – both external and internal to Saab – across our service delivery portfolio, including: Information Security Governance, Risk Assessment and Management, Compliance, Technical Testing, Product Assurance and Cyber Security Strategy.
- Performing security risk and maturity assessments, establishing information security management systems and applying security frameworks, policies and standards into operational context.
- Identifying, developing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with key partners, vendors, manufacturers and customers through successful engagements, industry events and marketing.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Sound working knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and operating Information Security Management Systems aligned with relevant industry standards and frameworks;
- Thorough understanding on the Information Security Manual (ISM), Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF), Defence Security Principles Framework (DSPF), ISO 27001:2013 and other security frameworks and policy documents;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills, with a sound ability to leverage this into understanding ongoing customer and partner value preferences
- Experience in the end-to-end security project life cycle – defining security requirements, high level architecture, detailed design & implementation
- Broad knowledge and experience across various information security domains and technologies with industry certifications including: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC and ISO 27001 Lead Implementer / Auditor.
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.