Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
What you will be a part of
You will be a part of Saab’s Public Safety Solutions business unit where we develop and deploy Command, Control and Communication software solutions used by police forces, ambulance services, fire and rescue services, airports and public transport agencies. Our software applications help these organisations to manage critical incidents, respond to people in distress and ultimately help make people and society safer.
We develop market leading software solutions which are critical for our customer’s operations, so the focus is on configurability, functionality, performance and reliability. We work closely with our customers and are driven by a strong end-user focus. We adopt an Agile methodology and we aim to constantly develop and work with the latest technology.
Our solutions use up-to-date technology and for the right person Saab’s Public Safety Solutions team offers enormous opportunities to work with stimulating and challenging work, alongside highly skilled and dedicated co-workers.
Job Description: Delivery Lead
A Delivery Lead works closely in support of one or more multi-disciplined development teams. As well as fostering a sense of accountability and ownership amongst the team they work hard to establish and then maintain delivery momentum and ensure the team have everything they need to deliver.
- Responsible for the creation of and maintaining of the delivery plan
- Analyse data and metrics to measure progress and identify problems and put corrective actions in place
- Support the team and product owner/BA with JIRA admin
- Be the point of contact and escalation point within development for the projects being delivered by the team
- Motivate, coach and guide the team. Encourage positive influences
- Ensure the team and all tools and processes are as efficient as possible
- Lead the team through estimation and be responsible for all planning activity
- Produce dashboards and/or reports to keep internal stakeholders informed of progress
- Ensure the team have visibility and full understanding of their commitments and priorities
- Remove distractions and blockers to ensure the team remain focussed
- Ensure the correct balance of work is planned, to ensure the project backlog is burnt through in accordance with the delivery plan
- Ensure the team receive the right support from the rest of the organisation
- 3-5 years’ experience of successful software delivery through use of agile methods
- Experience in matrix managing high performing and motivated multi-disciplined teams
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC
- Proven experience of balancing multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Proven experience of planning and scheduling complex development projects
- Demonstrable track record in managing Stakeholders
- Experience in managing change and risk
- Commercially aware
This role would suit someone with a background in leading high performing development teams. As well as being diplomatic, the candidate should be resilient and be able to encourage collaboration across development teams.
They should be comfortable with challenging the approaches of others and be able to have difficult conversations with stakeholders.
The candidate should be comfortable operating in the space between the pressure to deliver to contractual milestones and the need to be a positive influence for a development team keen to self-organise and follow agile principles.
The Delivery Lead needs to be able to build a rapport with internal stakeholders at all levels and communicate clearly and effectively. They should be a strong and confident meeting facilitator and meticulously organised.