Delivery Lead – Communications, Navigation & VSS
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Delivery Lead – Communication and Information Systems will play a key role in furthering the development of the Hunter Class combat system, specifically as it related to the vessels’ communication, navigation and VSS systems.
The role will work as part of the Hunter Class Combat System Integrated Project Team (CSIPT) at the Osborne shipbuilding precinct.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage combat system warfare domain specialists, multi-site teams, and interface with a wide range of stakeholders, warfare providers and customers.
- Represent the CSIPT at stakeholder meetings, working groups and mandated system reviews
- Provide knowledgeable advice in the deployment of modern systems engineering techniques, tools and processes based on experience
- Provide knowledgeable advice in the development and delivery of warship combat and maritime systems including system to system integration and integration of the combat system in to the platform based on experience.
- Exhibit leadership, communication and negotiation skills and have the ability to engage with and influence individuals within their domain.
- Lead supplier performance in the delivery of equipment and data in order to achieve overall program goals.
- Establish, manage, control and report against the agreed Control Account PMB, risk profile and to ensure performance is within the agreed HCFP business targets
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or related discipline
- Extensive experience in a Defence (or adjacent industry) systems engineering environment, including participation in system requirements elicitation and system design and development activities
- Experience in naval communication/navigation systems, combat systems or similar (desirable)
- Awareness and ability to address whole of system requirements and design issues, including safety and ILS
- Demonstrated ability to lead, foster cooperation and provide engineering management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven ability in internal/external customer liaison, producing and reviewing project documentation and planning/scheduling project activities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.