Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the field of air, land and naval defense and civil security. Now the company is in an expansion phase that will challenge all parts of the company. We are approximately 18 000 employees globally and have operations on all continents.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer multiple opportunities for advancing in your career. By joining Saab IT, you will work in an innovative environment with many skilled colleagues, contributing towards keeping people and society safe.
Your future role
You will be a part of IT at Saab.
Your role will be one of two Department Managers, an operational role with an overarching responsibility for all the line functions within Service Area Infrastructure, and you will report to Head of Service Area Infrastructure.
As Department Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring people management, employees as well as consultants, and resource planning in several competence areas. You will lead a team of Line Managers who in turn manage sections consisting of up to 25 people. Your teams will work in a matrix setup together with Service Owners and Service Managers, who are responsible for delivering and developing internal IT services, as well as project managers for projects that are in need of competencies included in your teams.
Your Department will manage and plan distribution of work in an overall perspective in close collaboration with Service Managers but also e.g. project managers in need of IT competencies.
You and your team will also collaborate closely with the Service Owners in regards to strategic workforce planning where you will be a driver for ensuring that we have the right people for today’s and tomorrow’s challenges within your specific Service Area. Your teams will manage hiring/onboarding of new personnel and consultants in line with a general process and setup within Group IT, which is coordinated our Organisational Support function. You will also work continuously with upskilling and reskilling of your personnel to ensure all people in your teams continuously grow and keep updated skill sets.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage personnel and accountable for all staff within the Service Area Infrastructure
- Resource Management (Planning, Request Management and Consultant Management)
- Recruitment and on-boarding as well as off-boarding of employees and consultants
- Competence development and workforce planning
- Manage and reduce risks in regards to single competencies and critical resources
- Collaboration with key stakeholders
- Annual budget for the staff and personnel budget within the area (IB)
- Manage and make changes within the authorized budget for the area
- Manage Occupational Health, safety and risk issues as well as personnel security in cooperation with Organisational Support
- Facility coordination in cooperation with Organisational Support
The workplace is located in one of our locations: Järfälla, Göteborg, Linköping, Huskvarna, Malmö/Lund, Karlskoga or Karlskrona.
- You have a Master of Science or Bachelor degree or have equivalent work experience within relevant area
- Broad experience in People Management, Change Management, Resource Planning
- Previous experience of Leadership roles
- Working knowledge of relevant business practices and legislation (environmental, labour)
- Experience working with continuous improvements and standardising ways of working
- Experience and knowledge in Financial Management
- Broad understanding of support functions within an IT Delivery organisation and IT Service Management
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Experience of Agile working methods
- Speak and write fluent Swedish and English
We are looking for you who have the appropriate skills, experience and ability to handle the above challenges. To succeed in the role, you must have a great interest in technology, have a customer oriented and business-like focus, and have a good analytical ability with analytical and problem solving mindset. You are used to, and like to work independently but are also a good team player. To thrive with us, you need to be service minded and like to work in an environment where conditions can change at short notice based on users' needs.
As a person, you are eager to develop and learn, are committed to work towards goals and focus on results. The most important is that you have the will, interest and commitment to learn.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
- Pedagogical persona and a strong team player
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Excellent communication skills
- You have a good analytical ability with analytical and problem solving mind-set
- You can easily collaborate with others in a team but also work independently
- Proactive and future oriented
- You express yourself with ease in speech and writing in Swedish and English and have excellent communicative skills
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe.
Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
Saab designs, manufactures and maintains advanced systems in aeronautics, weapons, command and control, sensors and underwater systems.
Saab is headquartered in Sweden. It has major operations all over the world and is part of the domestic defence capability of several nations.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.