Deputy CPO and Head of Business Development
We are looking for a deputy CPO and head of business Development that have a proven track record of driving transformational change and in-depth understanding of procurement and supply chain.
Saab Procurement has started an exciting journey to drive Operational Excellence and becoming a world leading purchasing organization. We are working in a matrix organization and Group Procurement have a functional responsibility for Global Purchasing at Saab and a business responsibility for indirect material.
Being Deputy CPO and Head of Business Development you will have a functional responsibility for developing effective processes and tools within Saab Procurement globally. You will be responsible to drive our Procurement Excellence program throughout all development activities ensuring, best in class, efficient and compliant processes. In order for you to be successful you need to ensure tight collaboration with the purchasing organisations in the business areas. Your team consists of 6 procurement professionals within the area of purchasing development, compliance, analytics and sustainability.
The main tasks:
- Drive Process development and being the owner of the process, methods and tools within Saab Procurement.
- Be a driver to ensure compliance within the area of Processes, Security and Sustainability cross the Saab group.
- Drive Sourcing analytics competence within Saab Purchasing.
- Responsible for Group Procurement Management meetings and Procurement Council together with CPO.
- Responsible for an efficient Sourcing board (Business board) administration within Group Procurement and Saab Purchasing.
- Responsible to prepare material for budget and follow up of result.
- Responsible for Management Review in Group Procurement.
- Performance management including Reporting and measurement, SRM & Contract Management, Project tracking. Track and ensure that Sourcing projects is presented at Business Board/Sourcing board, Secure "Category Action Plan" strategy in Sourcing activities.
- Purchasing and Competence development including Purchasing Development Projects, CSR, Communication, GDPR, CPO support, Drive competence development and employee engaging activities.
- Responsible for common training/education within the Procurement Function.
- Deputy CPO.
To fit in this role, you must be highly self-motivated, structured and communicative. You have a proven track record as senior manager in procurement and/or supply chain, expressing integrity in your position while being a true leader. When collaborating with stakeholders, you are confident with the ability to build relationships, influence and provide advice to key decision makers.
Your leadership skills are proven and you are able to work independently, setting your own demanding objectives and translating those into strategic plans with a medium- to long-term view. You focus on achieving success in individual and team projects. Desirably, you also possess a keen interest to develop ways of working using digitalisation.
- Master degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience, in procurement and/or supply chain.
- Highly developed business acumen.
- Excellent leadership skills, previous management experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish, written and verbal.
- Proven track record of effective change management.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in global procurement.
- Exceptional drive.
- Management in matrix organizations
- Experience from defence and/or aviation industry
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a world-leading defence and security company. Saab’s mission is to make people safe by pushing intellectual and technological boundaries. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Fighter jets, submarines and radars are just some examples of what we do.
Group Procurement is a group function with a functional responsibility for 500 procurement professionals globally and a business responsibility for indirect procurement. Our mission is to create sustainable, efficient and profitable business, challenging ourselves and our suppliers, using high business acumen and a holistic view. During 2021 we have started a Procurement excellence program that will run over the next coming years to develop Saab into a world leading Purchasing organization.
Location: Linköping, Stockholm or Gothenburg
You are welcome to send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Recruiting Manager: Kristofer Ternstedt, CPO and head of Group Procurement
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Closing date: 2021-09-19
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.