Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems.
For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the DevOps Engineer(s) will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s combat management system as it is deployed across the complete RAN surface fleet.
These roles will also contribute to the design, deployment and ongoing support of the ACE DevOps development environment both locally and in collaboration with our global ACE DevOps team.
Further, the successful candidate(s) will:
- Implement, Monitor and Support the Maritime software development environment and Infrastructure;
- Enhance the cyber-security of Maritime Software development environment;
- Liaise and maintain working relationships with key staff, projects and partners to resolve issues and faults;
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents and service requests as report by the customers, including designing and prototyping potential solutions where appropriate;
- Developing and maintain tooling and on-premises hosted infrastructure, bringing and improving DevOps processes and practices to enhance Maritime product development capabilities;
- Maintain, update and create operational, support and end user documentation;
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system;
- Perform other duties as required.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Systems Administrator background, infrastructure systems in particular
- Significant experience with Linux, open source applications and tools management
- Experience with development environment and the tools used to develop and support the software such as the Atlassian tool suite i.e. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Fisheye, Crucible
- Experience with configuration management and automatic deployment tools such as Ansible, AWX
- Experience in automation, IaaC in particular
- Experience in DevOps tools and workflows
- Experience with containerization and virtualization technologies such as Docker and ESXi
- Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, PowerShell
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised.
You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.