DevOps Systems Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Corporate group, the DevOps Systems Engineer will work closely with our product and project teams to support the development tools, applications, systems and infrastructure used in the development effort. Drawing on their knowledge, experience and creativity, the DevOps Systems Engineer will help develop innovative solutions to software development problems.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Help promote the DevOps practice and engage in a process of continuous improvement
- Develop automations and infrastructure as code in the development space
- Maintain the integrity and smooth operation of the development pipelines, environments and applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents or service requests to agreed standards
- Work with ICT and project teams to coordinate the setup and configuration of applications and systems that support the development effort
- Maintain, update and create operational, support and end user documentation
- Perform some afterhours work to support critical issues and maintenance activities
You are a developer with a solid understanding and experience using DevOps tools and infrastructure or you are a DevOps Engineer. You have a good working understanding of development tools and practices including:
- Software Development practices and process
- Building software in a team setting and in complex environments as a developer or DevOps engineer
- Version control with git including a workflow methodology such as feature branching, gitflow etc
- CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, Gitlab etc.
- Quality control techniques such as:
- Code review
- Automated testing (unit, integration, uat etc)
- Code analysis
- Experience using and/or building containerised development environments, especially in Linux
- Application deployment and release management
- Proven and effective problem solving skills with the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions
- Customer service, continuous improvement and a commitment to team work
- High level problem solving, including analysing and interpreting information and making recommendations
- An understanding of information security principles and their operational application
As an NV2 Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.