Saab is a global high-technology company that offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We number over 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and more than 25% of our earnings are invested in research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
What you will be a part of
Our Training and Simulation unit provides simulated training solutions to customers around the world. Our UK operation provides simulation support to enable realistic exercises in both open and urban terrain, from individual and combined arms at platoon level, to joint operations at brigade combat team level. As a total training provider, it is our objective to improve training performance and increase equipment availability.
The DFWES contract which Saab has held with the British Army in one form or another since 1994 is an integral part of collective and individual training. Supporting up to 200 exercises a year the Ops Team is responsible for the planning and delivery of Field Team and equipment support to all of them.
Job Purpose: To coordinate delivery of the DFWES contract. Manage support to deployable exercises, other DFWES commitments and manage manpower resources.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the customer to coordinate DFWES exercise bookings. Advise on equipment, manpower and manpower availability.
- Monitor usage of manpower and equipment.
- Manage all Field Team resources.
- Provide direction and taskings for the Field Teams.
- Manage relationships with British Army training establishments to ensure successful delivery of all DFWES supported training.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Saab Support Managers to ensure smooth and efficient exercise support.
- Maintain DFWES Field Team Working Instructions and ensure Field Team adherence.
- Deploy and act as an Analyst in a Field Team as required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of British Army TTPs to Training Level FOXTROT.
- Support Capability Exploitation activity as required.
- Support marketing activity including demos, and presentations as required.
- Manage continual improvement and learning from experience
- Monitor monthly contractor invoices for accuracy against planned commitments.
- Produce Operational Requirement documents to support pricing for extra contractual exercises.
- Attend DFWES progress meeting and report on trends.
- Identify opportunities for organic growth and new sales.
- Extensive Combat Arm experience.
- Senior Capt/Maj with 8+ years service
- Operational experience on BG/Bde HQ Staff
- Currency in British Army TTPs to Training Level FOXTROT.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Driving Licence (B+E).