Saab Inc., Land Systems is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual for the Director, Market Strategy, responsible for identifying ways to leverage Saab, Inc.’s existing products and capabilities to grow in new ways. The Director, Market Strategy will gain an in-depth understanding of Saab, Inc.’s products and work with Saab, Inc. business leads and Marketing and Sales domain leads to develop and execute multiyear business strategy for Saab, Inc. Land Systems. Responsibilities include developing market knowledge and external relationships that enable Saab, Inc. to pursue new and tangential markets, Representing Saab, Inc. within industry working groups and tradeshow events and when needed to spearhead strategic capture efforts, particularly when they stretch the organization in new directions. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience developing long-range strategic and business plans, intimate knowledge of one or more of Saab’s current customer set, and the ability to serve as an internal market expert to enhance market and customer focus across the board.
Skills and Experience:
Your Experience and Skills:
Required Education and Experience
- BS Degree in business or related engineering discipline, MBA preferred.
- 12+ years DOD Acquisition experience.
- Prior experience determining viability/profitability of new products/concept.
- Demonstrated track record developing successful long-range strategic and business plans
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and manage stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to access key customer leadership and influence channels
- Possesses advanced knowledge of DOD Acquisition
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives
- Ability to assess new technology and emerging product/service trends.
- Ability to pursue innovative business strategies and promote new ideas.
- Ability to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively present results/content to internal or external customers.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen and (ii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.