Director, Manufacturing Operations
Saab Inc. is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill the role of Director of Manufacturing. The Director of Manufacturing reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible for the entirety of manufacturing operations, supporting multiple divisions within Saab Inc., located in East Syracuse, NY. This individual will develop and oversee a world-class operations organization through various staffing, training and talent management initiatives. This includes development and implementation of strategies to meet cost, quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, EHS, and continuous improvement goals. More specific responsibilities include:
- Attract and retain the production staff necessary to achieve strategic business objectives and operating goals. This includes the Manufacturing Functional Management staff, appropriate distribution of skills and capacity across the Manufacturing organization, and continuously monitoring and reconciling head counts with the operating budget.
- Lead, inspire and engage a diverse team of employees.
- Drive performance to reach Saab Inc.’s revenue, EBIT and OTD goals.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement initiatives that enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Assist and guide with workflows, prioritization, procedures, training, support, safety, process improvement, and quality.
- Monitor and guide team to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery
- Maintain and manage the overhead (common) inventory
- Establish and maintain the Manufacturing Capital Budget
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field. Master's degree in business, engineering or related field preferred - MBA desirable.
- 20+ years of progressive leadership experience with proven track record of success in leading mid to large functional organizations.
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process and customer requirements.
- Forecast resource requirements (people, money & assets) in order to meet business objectives.
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Measure team and process performance through the definition and use of appropriate metrics
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Working experience in a matrix organization
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
- Experience transitioning a manufacturing organization to a new Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Experience with Oracle or IFS highly desired
Skills and Experience:
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.