Director Marketing & Sales (Naval)
Director Marketing & Sales (Naval)
What you will be a part of
Within the UK, Saab identifies and develops business opportunities to generate order intake and sales. We do this by maintaining close relations with all areas of the customer organisation from Ministry of Defence (MOD) to Front Line Commands, from the Defence Equipment & Support agency to the scientific establishment. We also have very close links to our own technology, capability and product areas. You will be part of a dynamic team that actively seeks fresh opportunities while maintaining and enhancing existing ones.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing & Sales who will be responsible for Saab’s work within our Naval portfolio in the UK with focus on above and sub surface warfare; the position will be based in London and you will report to the Head of Sales & Marketing.
As part of Saab in the UK, you will use your experience of the naval arena as well as your business development, marketing and sales expertise to prosecute existing naval prospects. You will also use your understanding of the Royal Navy’s near and long-term requirements to position Saab to offer the best solutions possible to emerging requirements.
- Deliver Order Intake and gross margin in accordance with set targets.
- Responsible for executing the Saab Winning Business process.
- Responsible for marketing and sales of all or part of the Saab product portfolio to the UK.
- Travel to countries and regions as well as within other parts of MA Europe will be required.
Your experience & skills
- Academic, military or other relevant education. Royal Navy background with an existing network of contacts within the Navy, Headquarters Navy Command and the wider MOD would be of advantage
- Have a deep understanding of the UK procurement processes
- Documented experience of industrial relations and how to build successful partnerships with industry actors, primes as well as small and medium-sized enterprises
- Documented experience of successful marketing and sales results
- Evidence of negotiation experience, leadership skills and Industry experience
- Good understanding and knowledge regarding business processes and customer relationship management tools.
- Have strong project management skills with a capability to drive projects from Business Development to contract
- Analytic and strategic skills to identify and develop business, local partnership and market network
- Service-minded, flexible and able to work under pressure within tight deadlines and able to maintain a high quality output
- Have social skills to build up and maintain partner and customer relationships
- Act as a role model and be the face of the Company for partners and customers
- Have strong ability to establish and maintain industrial relations and customer relations
- Fluent in English, other languages are desirable
- Have experience of the local business environment in the UK
- You should have an out-going personality with good communication skills, tenacity and high drive. The role requires an independent minded person, able to identify and pursue opportunities, but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team
You are committed to delivering high quality and meeting deadlines in a fast moving international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action.
You are able to meet expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus and to deal with complex issues simultaneously.
Saab Technolgies UK Ltd has operational footprints in London (HQ), Farnborough (Technology Centre), Westbury (Training Services), Fareham (SeaEye), White City (Innovation Hub) and in Hull (Public Safety and Security) and in line with Saab’s Strategic Plan, the ambition is to grow this UK footprint.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. Saab is also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on providing a nurturing environment where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.