Director Marketing and Sales
We are looking for a Director for Marketing & Sales to Saab Finland Oy. You will be responsible for Naval Domain related business in Finland in close cooperation with the Domain owners.
As a Director for Naval sales at Saab Finland Oy, you will work in an international environment marketing Saab´s Naval products to the Finnish Defence Forces, to the Finnish Border Guard as well as other agencies in the naval segment. Your role is the link between the Finnish customer and Saab´s Naval domain and it´s product responsible. In addition, you will be part of Saab Finland Oy’s operations and expansion in Finland.
Your main tasks will be the following:
- Responsible for marketing and sales of the Saab product portfolio in the Naval Domain, being the focal point between the customer and the Naval Domain experts in Saab.
- Deliver Order Intake and gross margin in accordance with set budget, including responsibility for executing the Saab Winning Business.
- Support Saab´s expansion in Finland especially within the Naval research and development Domain.
- Support Saab´s other activities both in Finland as globally.
As part of a global company, we work in an international context, which will require frequent travelling within Finland and to Sweden.
You are an experienced leader with good and sound knowledge of Finnish Defence planning and execution, have a keen eye on detail and very high moral and ethical standards.
Brief summary of the profile that we are looking for:
- Military and/or Academic or other relevant education.
- Naval background with an existing network of contacts is desirable.
- Documented leadership skills.
- Experience of negotiation.
- Have strong project management skills with a capability to drive projects from Business Development to contract.
- Analytic and Strategic skills to identify and develop business, local partnership and market network.
- Team oriented, flexible and able to work to tight deadlines and high quality.
- Have good social skills to build up and maintain customer and partner relationships.
- Be Saab’s face acting as a role model to partner/customer and other stakeholders.
- Have strong ability to establish and maintain customer and industrial relations.
- Experience from successful marketing and sales results.
- Fluent in Finnish and English. Swedish is a bonus.
You should have an outgoing personality with good communication skills, tenacity and high drive. The role requires an independent-minded person, able to identify and pursue opportunities, willing to contribute as part of a wider team. You are committed to delivering high quality and meeting deadlines in a fast moving international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with complex issues simultaneously.
What you will be a part of
Saab Finland Oy is on a strong growth path. We have grown from 3 to 50 employees since 2017 and are continuously growing in Helsinki, Tampere and Turku.
You will be part of Saab Finland Oy, based in Helsinki reporting to the Head of Marketing and Sales.
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17’400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment, which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ads expiration date.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001.