Director Marketing and Sales, Naval and Joint Solutions Poland
The role is defined as customer sales responsible (CSR), responsible for Saab’s marketing and sales activities, with focus on selected naval and joint domain solutions. The role also includes supporting tasks to in-country execution projects. You will report to the Head of Country Office Poland.
The role requires an independent-minded person with high personal drive, willing to contribute as member of a wider team. You are able to identify and pursue multiple business opportunities. You are committed to delivering high quality results and meeting set deadlines in a fast moving market where decisions are followed by prompt actions. You are able to meet high expectations and enjoy taking full personal ownership for your own tasks.
Extensive travelling including overnight stays in Poland is required. Travelling abroad, mainly within CEE region and Sweden, is required at least on a monthly basis.
- Secure Order Intake in accordance with set business target.
- Identify and create new marketing opportunities, understanding of customer requirements, position Saab strongly, identifying market trends and suggesting system improvements to achieve the Company's marketing goals.
- Responsible for marketing and sales of Saab’s product portfolio to Poland, with focus on selected parts of the naval domain, and selected joint solutions. Good knowledge of Saab’s solutions is required.
- Execute the work in accordance with Saab’s Winning Business (WB) process; work closely with Saab’s capture teams together with being an excellent team player.
- Together with the Country Manager manage, assess and develop Saab’s local intermediaries and potential industrial partners.
- Support with writing of Country Market Plan, (CMP) and other plans in coordination with other CSRs and Country Manager.
- Collaborate with and actively support Saab’s delivery project execution in country.
- Frequent (daily/weekly) interaction with Customer, End User, other key stakeholders and industry partners.
- The ability to understand and follow Company policies and procedures.
- Participation in selected local and selected regional defence exhibitions.
Your experiences and skills
- Academic, military or other relevant education.
- Comprehensive technical system-of-systems knowledge in the military naval domain, including joint capabilities.
- Good product knowledge in terms of technical base specifications and commercial aspects in order to be able to assume the customer sales responsibility (CSR) role. Good knowledge of Saab’s product portfolio is preferred.
- Documented experience from successful marketing and sales in defence market business in Poland is preferred.
- Good understanding of; the Polish defence procurement process including how procurement requirements are created; the political defence landscape and market environment is preferred.
- Good understanding of Government-to-Government, Business-to-Government and Business-to-Business business processes.
- Experience from international and domestic industrial relations and how to build and maintain successful partnerships with industry actors.
- Possess a positive and outgoing personality with excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and high personal integrity in business ethics.
- Demonstrates good leadership and team player skills.
- Able to work independently with a strong personal drive.
- Excellent social skills to build and maintain interpersonal, business partner and customer relations. Act as a role model representing Saab towards partners/customers and stakeholders in order to strengthen the brand and profile.
- Strong project management skills with a capability to drive projects from business development to contract.
- Analytic and strategic skills to identify and develop business, local partnership and market network.
- Fluent in English and in Polish language.
What you will be part of
- Region Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) is one part of Saab’s global marketing and sales organization. The Head Office for CEE region is situated in Prague. Saab’s CEE region has four Country Offices. The four Country Offices are Poland, Baltic States, Czech Republic and Hungary.
- Country Office Poland has its main office in Warsaw and has a satellite office in Gdynia. Saab Technologies Poland Sp.z.o o (STPL), 100% owned by SAAB AB, was established in 2009 and is now recruiting a marketing and sales director to its Gdynia office.
Applications will be assessed continuously.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001. A Personal Security Clearance (PSC) is required to fulfil the tasks for the role. If you don’t have a PSC already, the procedure for PSC application will start shortly after start of your employment.
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number more than 18’000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development. If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Does this sound interesting? Go to https://www.saab.com/career/job-opportunities and send your application details to us today.