Director M&S Naval
Marketing and Sales Director Naval, Germany.
We are looking for an organized Marketing and Sales Director to be responsible for marketing and sales of our military naval domain portfolio. You will be working at the direction and under coordination by the Senior Marketing & Sales Director Naval creating competitive advantages for our company in the market. Your top focus will be to create more opportunities leading to profitable contracts. You represent the customer expertise in the Saab sales process.
The Marketing and Sales Director represents the company's brand and drives strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
To be a successful Marketing and Sales Director, you should have strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills. You should also possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of marketing and sales as well as the security and defence domain in Germany.
You will be reporting to the Managing Director of Saab Deutschland GmbH.
- Identify and create marketing opportunities, understanding customer requirements, identifying market trends, and suggesting system improvements to achieve the company's marketing goals.
- Maintain and develop relationships with important customers by making regular visits, understanding their needs, and anticipating new marketing opportunities.
- Support and challenge the customer in its buying process by promoting the value of Saab offerings.
- Responsible for marketing and sales of the Saab product portfolio applicable to the Naval Domain Germany.
- Staying current in the domain by attending educational opportunities, conferences, and workshops, reading publications, and maintaining personal and professional networks.
- Team oriented acting as the face of Saab with all partners/customers and demonstrate high ethics and integrity.
- Extensive travel within Germany as well as occasional travelling within other parts of Europe will be required.
- The ability to understand and follow company policies and procedures.
Your experiences and skills
- Strong business acumen, understanding of different business models and business financials.
- Ability to reach and influence the customer using different channels and techniques, understand and practice the craftsmanship of sales.
- Media, communication and presentation skills to be able to represent Saab in a professional manor.
- Reliable and trustworthy with a proven ability to build and maintain a strong professional network (internal, partner, customer relationships and market networks).
- Have strong project management skills with a capability to drive projects from Business Development to contract.
- Analytic and Strategic skills to identify and develop business, local partnership and business set-ups.
- Self-propelled, resilient and endurable but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team.
- Military, Academic or other relevant education. Naval background in Bundeswehr with an existing network of contacts is desirable.
- Have a deep understanding of the German procurement processes.
- German as mother tongue and excellent language skills in English.
You are committed to deliver high quality outcomes and meeting deadlines in an international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet high expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001.
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number more than 18’000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.