Document Controller (1 Year Fixed-Term Contract)
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Business Services group, the Document Controller will be responsible for leading the document and data control services that ensure project management records and management system documentation are integrated, accessible, timely, collected, and filed. This role will have an administration component in contributing to the day-to-day activities, invoicing, and reporting.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Support the administration and maintenance of electronic document management across the document management system;
- Prepare and maintain procedures, processes, documentation logs, transmittal logs, distributes submittal data, and record copies of project documents in Aconex;
- Maintain the project master document register, document distribution matrices, and implement approved signatory authority compliance for issued documentation;
- Conduct audits of the document management system and records;
- Internally implement effective document control procedures and services for design, shop drawings and approval process documentation data flow;
- Effectively manage the control and distribution of all relevant documentation for the project
Your skills and experience will include:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to operate a document control management system - ACONEX
- Excellent time management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of the construction industry and relevant standards and legislation is highly desirable.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 800 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.