Electronic Hardware Engineer
Electronic Hardware Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime division, the Electronic Engineer's main focus will be on the design, development, documentation and testing of a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment within the Hardware Team.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Involvement in all phases of product development from gathering and understanding system level requirements, through to preliminary/detailed design and production support for new products, systems and supporting assemblies and equipment
- Manage own performance when undertaking engineering activities with regards to meeting the assigned project budget and schedule requirements
- Ensure electronic/electrical hardware design and testing is adequately documented according to the appropriate standards
- Ensure that products and services meet all customer needs as well as meeting company requirements in terms of schedule/cost, safety and quality
- Safeguard the integrity of the engineering processes by following the defined technical processes and, where applicable, suggesting process innovation and improvements
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Formal Tertiary Qualifications in relevant discipline (e.g. Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering)
- Understanding of the lifecycles of small to medium sized electronic/electrical hardware defence projects and appreciation of associated processes and levels of responsibilities
- Experience working with a team environment
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles, Product Lifecycle Management tools and Quality system requirements such as ISO 9001
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing ruggedized electronic/electrical hardware systems (predominantly computer systems, networks and other associated equipment)
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.