Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries on what´s considered technically possible. Saab is expanding in UK and we are now seeking talented and highly motivated Systems Engineers to spearhead the research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of the research and development team, you will collaborate with our cross-functional, multi-disciplinary development team in definition, design and development of electronic warfare products. In general, the tasks involved in this position are highly technical and focused on RF and Microwave sensors, and advanced computing systems that are used in this domain. The selected candidate will be experienced and enjoy working in a small/medium sized team and will have opportunities to engage in cutting-edge technology development across modern Electronic Warfare solutions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Development of system architectures and requirements for Electronic Warfare products and platforms
- Providing support to design, development, implementation, and testing of Electronic Warfare systems including applications related to RF signal processing, data communications, system security and mission data
- Participation in project leadership and/or program planning including providing technical input to product development plans and concept documents
- Preparing engineering specifications, reports and presentations to customers and internal stakeholders
- Performing system level modelling, simulation and analysis to evaluate system designs against requirements
- Participate in customer interactions as well as partner engagement in order to finalise high level system requirements
- Master of Science in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Digital Signal Processing or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Knowledge within one or more of the following topics: Electronic Warfare, Radar, COMINT, SIGINT or ELINT
- Understanding the interaction between system requirements, and hardware and software implementation
- You have the ability to see the big picture as well as an understanding of the details in the solutions offered to the customer.
- You are a great communicator that easily creates and maintains professional relationships and instils trust and commitment among those you meet in your everyday work.
- Experience and understanding of the operational requirements of (fast jet) aircraft integrated systems and sensor systems with knowledge of military standards
- Experience in mixed signal, RF and communications systems development
- Ability to document/support technical analysis and assessments with strong attention to detail
This position includes exposure to classified information. It is therefore essential for you to receive an approved security clearance by responsible authorities.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of, and based at Saab´s Technology Centre in Farnborough. In your role as Systems Engineer, you will report to the EW programme lead as well as the Head of the Technology Centre.
Saab AB is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17’400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab UK has operational footprints in Farnborough (Future Combat Air System (FCAS) Centre), Westbury (Training Services), Fareham (SeaEye) and in Hull (Public Safety and Security) and in line with Saab’s Strategic Plan regarding “Operational Countries” the ambition is to grow this footprint.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.