Saab Seaeye are a world leader in underwater robotics with are reputation for innovation and excellence. For over 30 years our systems have operated in some of the most hostile environments on the planet and to depths of nearly two miles below the surface of the world’s oceans. Our pioneering technology has revolutionised the underwater robotics industry.
The Electronics Team Leader will lead a growing team of talented Electronics Design Engineers in the development and enhancement of electromechanical products in a fast paced/challenging market sector. As Electronics Team Leader you will design Electronic solutions and supervise the activities and personnel within the Electronics Engineering team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Continuous Improvement - Ensure that the processes and tools for Electronics Engineering are consistent with the company requirements and objectives
- Design – Develop new products and product upgrades ensuring they are on time and to budget
- Change Management - Ensure that design changes and modifications do not compromise product safety or compliance to applicable standards and regulations.
- Teamwork – Work closely with other departments/engineering disciplines enabling close collaboration throughout the organisation. Provide engineering support to the Technical Support, Sales and Manufacturing Groups when required and, when directed, address customer complaints related to Electronics engineering
- Effective Leadership – Lead a high performing team by nurturing and enabling individuals to take ownership of tasks through empowerment and clear communications. Set the standard, tempo and culture of the team by example and ensure general staff welfare and morale.
- Competencies - Build and maintain the correct level of competency in the department to meet company objectives by providing opportunities for growth and personal development through training and mentoring of new and existing staff. Conduct appraisals and monitor progress and training plans.
- Manage staffing levels – Ensure appropriate resource is available to meet demand through planning, recruitment, managing holiday requests, absence and overtime management. Conduct timely return to work interviews after any absence and manage staff according to company guidelines when attendance becomes unacceptable.
- Quality and standard – Ensure quality of the department is maintained and products are fully validated, documented and compliant with the company quality, HSE and Environmental policy and that designs comply with internationally recognised standards.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified to Degree Level in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 2+ years of Team Lead or Managerial experience.
- Experience overseeing technical design projects with high-level involvement.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
- Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
- Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns
- Deliver all products and services in line with Saab Seaeye quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.