Embedded Software Developer
Are you eager to be part of one of the world’s leading defence technology companies that works on high-tech radar systems, fighter jets, autonomous systems, submarines, artificial intelligence, quantum technology and you name it?
Saab Sensor Technology Center (SSTC) in Tampere is focused on developing complex electronic warfare systems. We are now looking for enthusiastic and motivated Embedded SW Developer to work in expert role in an R&D team developing complex electronic warfare systems.
As part of our R&D team, you will collaborate closely with system, HW and RF engineers in the design and development of highly innovative electronic warfare products using cutting-edge embedded technology (e.g. SoC-FPGAs). Our development projects offer a wide range of interesting opportunities to grow and challenge yourself within different phases in product development cycle, from specification to laboratory and qualification testing.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to
- Planning and implementing software as part of a product development team
- Writing well-structured, testable, efficient, and maintainable code for systems including embedded Linux on multi-processor SoCs, PCs and low-end microcontrollers
- Adding value to team work by contributing in code reviews, participating in deploying and improving tools, processes and metrics
- Contributing in project planning and execution by providing technical input to product development plans and concept documents
- Contributing in software integration, testing, and performance optimization on system level
- Supporting board bring-up and product validation, collaboration with developers from different areas like RF, HW, FPGA
This senior level role requires relevant educational background within software development domain and previous work experience in embedded software development. We are flexible with the work contents, and exact responsibilities can be tailored based on your existing experience and career ambitions.
To succeed in the intended role, the minimum requirements are:
- MSc or BSc in software development or computer science or corresponding discipline
- Previous work experience in embedded software development
- Experience in complex software systems with agile development methodologies and DevOps
- Proficient in C/C++ (Linux environment)
- Ability to review schematics and read data-sheets; experience supporting hardware bring-ups and debugging
- Ability to work productively in a team, and manage own tasks independently and efficiently
- Fluent communication and collaboration skills both in Finnish and in English, verbal and written
Skills that are seen beneficial:
- Knowledge in embedded Linux, Yocto, bootloaders and device drivers
- Experience in SW development related to RF/Modem or signal processing technologies
- Experience in HW bring-up support and debugging
- RTOS and real-time systems development
- Embedded security, device hardening, secure boot
- Knowledge about FPGAs
- Scripting languages, e.g Python, Matlab
The position entails to working with classified information. Therefore, a drug test and approved Security Clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be at Saab Sensor Technology Center (SSTC) in Tampere downtown. However, since Saab is a global company, this role requires fluent communication with colleagues abroad, and may require some travelling.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we can offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career! We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
We are keen to hear more from you - take your chance and apply soonest!
Please note, that we are actively processing applications until end of June and proceeding in recruitment process again in August 2022.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Check out the Saab-Life