Embedded SW Developer – Electronic Warfare
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. If you are a seasoned SW Developer having experience in embedded software development, this is truly a rare opportunity. Saab Technology Center is further expanding its development unit in Tampere and we are seeking a highly motivated SW Developer to support research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of a development team, you will collaborate closely with System, HW and RF engineers in the design and development of highly innovative electronic warfare products using cutting-edge embedded technology (e.g. SoC-FPGAs). You will design, test, and document software with a level of rigor suitable for something that you really want to work without the slightest problem.
Essential functions will include but are not limited to:
- Proposing and implementing software designs for new functionality as part of a product development team
- Writing well-structured, testable, efficient, and maintainable code for systems including e.g. high-performance multiprocessor embedded SoCs, PCs and low-end microcontrollers
- Collaborating and adding value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Tailoring and deploying software tools, processes and metrics
- Providing support for board bring-up and product design validation
- Contributing to embedded target performance optimizations and connectivity to the higher level systems
- Participate in project leadership and/or program planning including providing technical input to product development plans and concept documents
- Contribute to advanced technical research on new technologies
- Proficient in C/C++ (Linux environment)
- Previous experience with embedded development
- Experience in complex software systems with agile development methodologies and DevOps
- Ability to review schematics and read data-sheets; experience supporting hardware bring-ups and debugging
- Great collaboration skills
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in e.g. computer science or the equivalent working experience
- Ability to prototype and provide Proof of Concepts
- Knowledge in one or more of the following topics is seen very beneficial:
- SW development related to RF/Modem or signal processing technologies
- Embedded Linux architecture, Yocto, bootloaders, device drivers, kernel programming and multiprocessing
- RTOS and real-time systems development
- Embedded security, device hardening, secure boot
- FPGA, Xilinx
- Also basic understanding of avionics SW development and RTCA DO-178B/C philosophy and military and/or aerospace technologies is seen beneficial
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be Saab Technology Center in Tampere downtown, but since Saab is a global company, this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
At Saab Technology Center, you will be part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack highly innovative hardware and software.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Please send your application and CV trough Saab Career System. Please note: The application period is longer than usual due to the summer holiday season; hence we will start the interviews in early August, right after the holidays!
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defence secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.