We are looking for a business minded Engineering Manager who wants to lead an awesome team of skilled software engineers! DRIVE TRUST & EXPERTISE are our core values. Join us in our strive making the world safer!
You will lead and grow a team of nine software engineers working from Helsingborg and Malmö. The main work and deliverables are related to training systems, with Saab as main customer, but also working with internal developed ship control platform for our ship projects.
In this role, you work closely with your team in projects, and have good opportunities to drive your team in an independent way. You will work together with your peer managers, to set up strategic plans and line out next generation software strategy for our naval projects.
As leader you drive and motivate a highly engaged and experienced team and you encourage them to take big portion of personal responsibility and create a helping organization both within and outside own section. You define individual and project goals for all team members and support them in their daily work.
You report to Head of CEA and will be a member of CEA management team where you take an active part in the strategic work, such as long-term planning, process development, team-to-team cooperation and technical roadmaps.
The main tasks are:
- Project responsibilities include resource planning, project progress follow-up for own team activities and accountability for own team deliveries in all projects.
- Responsible for the technical quality of your team deliveries
- Responsible of own team quotation work, line budget and project budget.
- Continuously improving work methods to improve quality
- Manage line activities including performance management, salaries, competence and process development.
- Responsible of technical and competence roadmaps for own team and technical area.
In this position, you will also be site responsible for the office in Helsingborg. This includes responsibility for maintaining a healthy and safe work environment. 30-40 travelling days per year, mostly within Sweden is part of the job.
We are looking for you who have a genuine interest in people and are solution-oriented, understanding the importance of interacting and working cross-functionally to find the best answers to complex problems. You have experience from developing complex software products preferably in a product setting. You have an agile mindset and are familiar with implementing continuous integration and deployment.
A success factor will be the ability to quickly get an overview and understand business, build networks and gain trust within the company. We believe you have a strategic thinking and is working in a structured and long-term way but can be flexible and take fast decisions when required. You are highly motivated and always seek ways to improve efficiency and to reach goals. You have the ability to understand and analyze technical problems and challenges within own technical area to advice coworkers, take decisions and setup technical roadmaps.
- MSc or BSc within computer engineering or equivalent experience within the area.
- Several years of experience in a leading position, leading engineers as line manager or project manager working with organizations in change and with large scale projects.
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of one or several of following areas: Project Management, Program planning tools, Agile development, DevOps, GIT.
- First hand experience from coding in C#, Java or C++.
- Knowledge of Saab systems and ways of working.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
This is a chance to be part of a skilled, hard-working and helpful team in an open minded environment. Our approach is that everyone should be successful in their work! Combat Electrical and Automation system are within R&D and work from our offices in Karlskrona, Malmö and Helsingborg.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here. Last application date is 21th of March however kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
If you have any questions about the job, don´t hesitate to contact Jonas Lonefalk, recruiting manager +46 734 34 10 60 or Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.