Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
We currently have a number of genuine opportunities and are seeking experienced Engineering Managers & Leads who are open to growing their career across the RANs Major Surface Combatant fleet (Anzac, Hunter and Hobart) in the following combat systems roles:
- Cyber Security Engineering Lead: Lead and deliver the engineering definition of Cyber Security for networks and systems that form the Hunter Class Mission System, Land Based Test Site and Support System, supporting the achievement of Information Security accreditation.
- VSS & METOC Engineering Manager: lead systems engineering activities within the Hunter Class Frigate Combat Systems team, in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements associated with the Visual Support System (VSS) and Meteorology & Oceanographic (METOC) system.
- E3 Team Lead: providing Whole of Ship EMC/EMI, EMSEC and RADHAZ design, modelling, support, testing and evaluation capability to the Hunter Class Program
- Test & Trials Lead: developing combat system ship integration & test processes and plans to support the execution of the ship integration & test and test & commissioning scope of work.
- Systems Engineering Managers: manage and deliver the engineering programs for Saab’s combat systems enterprise across both the Anzac Class and Hobart Class vessels
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary engineering qualifications in a related technical discipline
- Outstanding leadership experience, with the ability to plan, lead and manage complex engineering programs
- Experience in the engineering of system solutions across the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience relating to functional integration of systems with a preference for those used within the Maritime environment.
- Demonstrated ability in internal and external stakeholder management, including with the customer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the system engineering process and SE outputs produced over the SE lifecycle.
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to address whole of capability/system issues, such as safety and supportability
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work with others in a team environment.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and Benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
With opportunities predominantly based in Adelaide and Melbourne, applications are also encouraged from those residing in Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Perth. Relocation support will be offered to down selected candidates as appropriate.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.