Working as a permanent member of Saab’s Naval Combat Systems division, the Engineering Performance Lead will be embedded within the CSI-IPT and work closely with both the Systems Engineer team and Quality Engineering.
The Engineering Performance Lead will provide oversight and guidance to the wider DDG engineering team, along with ongoing collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting of engineering metrics over the varying phases of the program. You will play a crucial role in driving continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring that engineering operations align with industry best practices and meet the highest standards of performance.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct comprehensive analyses of engineering processes, systems, and workflows to identify performance bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement.
- Utilise data-driven approaches to assess the performance of critical engineering components and propose strategies for enhancement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, and IT, to gather insights and perspectives on performance challenges and opportunities.
- Design, develop, and implement performance testing protocols to evaluate the effectiveness of engineering systems and processes.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) to measure the success of performance improvement initiatives.
- Identify potential risks and challenges related to engineering performance and develop proactive strategies to mitigate these risks.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Significant experience in systems engineering, with understanding of systems engineering processes, performance analysis and measurement, process optimization, and technical project management.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and implementing performance improvement initiatives in defence engineering environments.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams to refine and optimize engineering processes for increased efficiency.
- Proven ability to define, track, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) and Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) related to engineering performance and process optimization.
- Strong documentation skills with a focus on maintaining comprehensive records of engineering performance standards, procedures, and best practices.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
As a valued team member of Saab Australia, you’ll access a variety of perks and benefits to support you and your family including:
- 6 weeks paid leave each year
- 13% Superannuation
- Free Income Protection Insurance
- Flexible working options
- Access to the Saab shares matching scheme
- Access to MySaab; our online store offering everything from cash back at hundreds of stores to discounts from exclusive partners
For further information about a career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
By submitting an application to Saab, you consent to undertaking workforce screening activities including, but not limited to: reference checks, Australian Federal Police check, verification of working rights and qualifications, sanctions screening and a pre-employment medical declaration.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.