Do you want to work with the world-leading supplier of simulated military training? Are you looking for international travels and great variety in everyday work-life? Join the expanding Saab AB, Training & Simulation´s Application department.
The Exercise Control system (Excon) is a SAAB developed system that runs on Windows Computers and Andriod tablets. The main purpose of the system is to monitor and record every player event during a military exercise. Typical players can be tanks, troop carrying vehicles, anti-tank weapons, and soldiers. The system can also be used by the exercise leaders to plant artificial mine fields, simulate mortar and artillery fire in order to make the exercise even more realistic.
When the military exercise is completed, the recordings made by the Excon system is used during an After Action Review (AAR) to analyse and evaluate the performance of each player in order to improve for the next exercise.
Watch the video to get a better understanding on how the SAAB Training & Simulation system works:
As an Excon Application Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Take part during BID phases and in projects to analyse and develop and configure an Excon system based on customer requirements.
- Travel to customer exercise areas in order to examine and understand customer circumstances.
- Create test specifications and perform the tests at customer sites together with other application engineers
- Establish design specifications and other documentation for final customer configuration.
- Act in close cooperation with project managers, software developers and vehicle, infantry, coms and facility application engineers
- Build development & delivery structure in IFS.
- Act as stakeholder in R&D projects and design reviews to ensure that customer specific requirements are fulfilled.
To thrive in this role, you are proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks. You can easily create trust within the organisation and are used to efficiently collaborate with team members and customer representatives.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Documented experience in testing and documentation
- Ability to learn complex systems
- Good understanding of network, telecom and communication solutions
- Good understanding of configuration and general fault investigations of Windows computers and Andriod devices
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Structured in your work with high attension to detail
- Show drive, be pro-active and have ability for self-management
- Experience from similar role
- Experience in radio and 4G communication
- Other language skills other than Swedish and English
- Driving License
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Training & Simulation unit who develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. The team you will join consists primarily of Application, Software and test engineers based in Huskvarna and has a large part in developing our cutting edge products. Training and Simulation is part of the Business Area Dynamics .
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
You can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.