Facilities and Maintenance Manager
At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Facilities and Maintenance Manager to lead the world-class performance of the construction, capital equipment installation, facility startup, and sustainment of our new operation. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, and the ability to see opportunities and significant experience creating and delivering integrated strategies in Greenfield operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Integrate the global facilities and maintenance strategy with responsibility of ensuring the successful Greenfield construction, equipment installation, startup, and long-term support of our new flagship facility in West Lafayette.
- Develop and execute project plans, budgets, and complex schedules while maintaining high levels of quality.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders such as architects, engineers, and contractors to achieve stated goals/initiatives set by the business unit.
- Develop bid packages and working with supply chain, negotiate contracts with suppliers and ensure vendors are held to contractual all obligations.
- Provide value engineering expertise overseeing the coordination of the building space allocation, layout, communication services, security, and plans for future expansion/occupancy.
- Develop policy and procedures for business continuity planning, operational procedures, maintenance of facilities and equipment, and ensure the safety and security of all personnel through standards development.
- Identify, prepare, and propose risk mitigation strategies as projects and operations scale and grow.
- Liaison with other facilities leaders and business units in the United States and Sweden to report site progress, support business objectives, implement best practices, and develop future strategies.
- Contribute to the long-range planning related to the growth of the organization.
- Be an ambassador for Saab both with co-workers, suppliers, and matrix leadership in North America and Sweden.
- Deliver a people-first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar field required.
- MBA, PE, M.Sc. or an equivalent documented education a plus.
- 18+ years of large scale construction and operations experience required.
- Expert knowledge of local, state, and federal requirements related to facilities and maintenance management
- Expertise with the quality requirements of the aerospace industry.
- Greenfield construction experience with the ability to adapt and drive change.
- Excellent communication and team building experience working in an international environment.
- High level of business acumen and overall ability to plan on strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to structure work tasks and deliver a high quality of work.
- Strong and effective leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.