Do you want to work with the world-leading supplier of simulated military training? Are you looking for an interesting development environment and great variety in everyday work-life? Join the expanding Saab AB, Training & Simulation´s Application department.
The Exercise Control system (Excon) is a SAAB developed system that runs on Windows Computers and Andriod tablets. The main purpose of the system is to monitor and record every player event during a military exercise. Typical players can be tanks, troop carrying vehicles, anti-tank weapons and soldiers. The system can also be used by the exercise leaders to plant artificial mine fields, simulate mortar and artillery fire in order to make the exercise even more realistic.
When the military exercise is completed, the recordings made by the Excon system is used to analyse and evaluate the performance of each player in order to improve for the next exercise.
The main task for the Facility Application Engineer is to design the externals and internals of different kinds of shelters and communication nodes that the customer needs on the exercise field to perform an AAR.
A few examples of shelters and communication nodes:
- Countainers for the technical equipment used to store the data generated during the exercise.
- Containers or tents where the evaluation of the exercises can take place
- Containers from where the exercise leaders can monitor and be part of the exercise
- Communication trailers or containers for the communication equipment
Watch the video to get a better understanding on how the SAAB Training & Simulation system works:
As an Facility Application Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Take part during tender phases and in projects to analyse the facility requirements.
- Design the external electrical interfaces and internal wiring diagram for the facilities
- Be part of the facility production team
- Verify and test the overall facility functionality before shipping
- Travel to customer exercise areas in order to examine and understand customer circumstances
- Establish design specifications and other documentation for final customer configuration
- Act in close cooperation with your colleagues from other departments
- Build development & delivery structure in the product breakdown structure system.
To thrive in this role, you are proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks. You can easily create trust within the organisation and are used to efficiently collaborate with team members and customer representatives
- Documented experience in testing and documentation
- Ability to learn complex systems
- Good understanding of network, telecom and communication solutions
- Good understanding and experience of AutoCad Electrical or similar design program
- Practical experience in building electrical systems
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Structured in your work with high attension to detail
- Show drive, be pro-active and have ability for self-management
- Experience from similar role
- Experience in radio and 4G communication
- Experience in mechanical design
- Other language skills other than Swedish and English
- Driving License
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Training & Simulation unit who develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. The team you will join consists primarily of Application, Software and test engineers based in Huskvarna and has a large part in developing our cutting edge products. Training and Simulation is part of the Business Area Dynamics .
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here.
This is an ongoing recruitment process and the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement, so we look forward to read your application today!