Field Application Engineer (OneView)
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As a Field Application Engineer (OneView), you will be working within the Civil Solutions Deployment and Support Team to workshop, deploy, configure, commission and sell-off OneView centric solutions, with the ultimate goal of ensuring Saab maintains excellent customer relations and delivers high quality solutions. The role will require you to understand the product features and project requirements, conduct customer off-site and on-site testing, and plan and lead tasks working with others within the Civil Solutions business.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Plan and lead all tasks (excluding site construction tasks) necessary to deliver OneView based solutions for each allocated project
- OneView and assigned subsystem configuration responsibility from bid, through Factory Acceptance Testing to site configuration, commissioning and final acceptance
- Support the planning, estimation, preliminary design and documentation of tender submissions
- Support “Set To Work” of systems by applying debugging knowledge and experience coupled with OneView systems expertise
- Travel interstate will be required
You are a highly motivated and organised Engineer, with demonstrate critical thinking and good technical writing and communication skills. Your expertise will contribute to the software configuration, testing and commissioning of OneView. You will also have extensive experience dealing with customers, end-users and contractors.
Your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Experience with security related 3rd party sub-systems such as Access Control, CCTV, Duress Systems, Perimeter Detection Systems, Biometrics, Key Safes and Intercoms
- Experience with hardware deployment such as network hardware, security hardware, workstations, servers and storage
- Task estimation and reporting experience
- HMI Design / Graphical Design experience
- Construction Industry White Card (or ability to obtain one)
- Security Installers License for NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and/or QLD (or ability to obtain one)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.